The Complete Doctor's Stress Solution
Understanding, Treating and Preventing Stress and Stress-related IllnessesBook - 2004
A summary of research on stress and disease with a unifying theory of stress related hormonal effects in diverse health problems. The book is a comprehensive guide to stress reduction and alternatives for treating related conditions.
Over 80 percent of all visits to primary healthcare practitioners are due to stress-related illness.
The Complete Doctor's Stress Solution is the first book to summarize the available scientific research linking stress to the development of a disease and to offer a unifying theory to explain how the hormonal effects of stress result in diverse health problems. Jargon-free text explains the impact of stress on the body and the mechanisms by which it influences health.
With worksheets and checklists throughout, the book is a guide to positive solutions to reduce stress. It includes:
- Personalized programs and therapies for specific conditions or diseases
- Comprehensive list of options from a home-based stress-reduction program that includes diet, exercise, relaxation techniques and other therapies
- Physical therapies including reflexology and massage
- Herbal supplements, counseling and prescription medication suggestions and recommendations
- Treatment strategies that are comprehensive, multi-disciplinary and provide plain language explanations of medical information and scientific research.
Changing one's lifestyle is a challenge and is often necessary to combat stress. Responding better to stress will reduce the harmful effects on well-being.