Node.js 6.x Blueprints
Create Stunning Web Applications and Restful APIs From Start to Finish With Express, Loopback, MongoDB, and MySQL Using This Definitive GuideeBook - 2016
Create stunning web, desktop, and mobile applications using this definitive guide
About This Book
- If you are looking to create stunning applications with Node.js from scratch, then this is the ideal book for you
- It covers a wide variety of applications so you can effectively integrate third-party libraries and other front-end frameworks with Node.js
- The projects will guide you through leveraging all the new features introduced in Node.js 4.X
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Explore MVC design pattern in Node.js
- Build solid architectures by following test-driven development
- Look beyond web applications and create your own desktop app with Node.js
- Develop single page applications using Node.js with the RESTful APIs, MongoDB, and ORM
- Master the Express framework and build a complete application with a real database
- Create a real-time and fully functional online chat application with Socket.IO
Node.js is the most popular framework to create server-side applications today. Be it web, desktop, or mobile, Node.js comes to your rescue to create stunning real-time applications. Node.js 4.x Blueprints will teach you to build these types of projects in an easy-to-understand manner.
The key to any Node.js project is a strong foundation on the concepts that will be a part of every project. The book will first teach you the MVC design pattern while developing a Twitter-like application using Express.js. In the next chapters, you will learn to create a website and applications such as streaming, photography, and a store locator using MongoDB, MySQL, and Firebase.
Once you're warmed up, we'll move on to more complex projects such as a consumer feedback app, a real-time chat app, and a blog using Node.js with frameworks such as loopback.io and socket.io. Finally, we'll explore front-end build processes, Docker, and continuous delivery.
By the end of book, you will be comfortable working with Node.js applications and will know the best tools and frameworks to build highly scalable desktop and cloud applications.