Dwight D. Eisenhower Dedicates Shippingport Nuclear Power Plant Ca. 1957Unknown - 1953
In 1953, President Dwight Eisenhower proposed his "Atoms for Peace" program, which would create an international organization charged with developing peaceful uses for nuclear technology. A year later, he signed the Atomic Energy Act, which authorized creation of nuclear power plants across the country. The first nuclear power plant, located in Shippingport, Pennsylvania, began operations in 1957. The reactor was decommissioned in 1982.
Publisher: [Place of publication not identified] : , WPA Film Library, , 
Copyright Date: ©1953
Characteristics: 1 online resource (1 video file (1 min., 28 sec.)) : sound video file,rda