Sams Teach Yourself Facebook in 10 MinutesBook - 2010
Presents a collection of lessons to teach readers how to use the social networking site Facebook.
Sams Teach Yourself Facebook® in 10 Minutes, Second Edition offers straightforward, practical answers when you need fast results. By working through 10-minute lessons, you’ll learn everything you need to know to quickly and easily get up to speed with Facebook.
Tips point out shortcuts and solutions
Cautions help you avoid common pitfalls
Notes provide additional information
10 minutes is all you need to learn how to…
- Start a new account and build a profile page
- Connect with friends, coworkers, and family members
- Post status updates, comments, and view news feeds
- Communicate through Wall posts, messages, and live chat
- Create a blog with Facebook notes
- Share photos, videos, and favorite links
- Add applications to enhance your Facebook experience
- Share a hobby or interest using Facebook groups
- Keep track of upcoming events and happenings
- Create an official Page for a band, business, or other organization
- Keep connected with Facebook through your mobile device
- Control your privacy settings and keep your information safe
Through 15 10-minute lessons, Gunter, who writes books on computer topics, shows beginners how to use Facebook's features. She explains how to set up a profile; find and view friends; find help with services and etiquette; guard privacy; track posts, news feeds, and notifications; communicate with messages, links, notes, chat, actions, and gifts; share photos and videos; join groups; track and create events; add applications; create pages for businesses and organizations; use the Marketplace to sell and buy things; and make Facebook mobile. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Sams Teach Yourself Facebook® in 10 Minutes, Second Edition offers straightforward, practical answers when you need fast results. By working through 10-minute lessons, you'll learn everything you need to know to quickly and easily get up to speed with Facebook.