Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely AnyoneBook - 2010
Do you ever feel like you're talking to a brick wall?
The first step in persuading anyone to do anything is getting them to hear you out. But whether the person is a cynical colleague, furious customer, or overwhelmed spouse, their emotional barriers may be blocking your message. And if you can't break through, you can't move forward.
Just Listen has helped tens of thousands of people tear down walls and establish productive communication. In this landmark book, veteran psychiatrist and business coach Mark Goulston reveals simple, proven techniques for moving people from resistance to consensus, explaining how to:
- Listen effectively
- Make even a total stranger—perhaps a potential client—feel "felt"
- Shift an angry or aggressive person into a calmer, more receptive state
- Use empathy jolts to quickly bridge communication gaps
- Turn negative people into assets using the "Magic Paradox"
- Achieve buy-in, the linchpin of all negotiation, persuasion, and sales
- And more
Barricades between people become barriers to success and happiness, so getting through is not just a fine art—it's a crucial skill. WithJust Listen, readers learn how to transform the "impossible" and "unreachable" people in their lives into true allies, loyal customers, and lifelong friends.
Offers listening tools and techniques to make employees, bosses, and clients more willing to agree with proposals.